COMPETITION LAWYER – LONDON – NQ
About the job:
Our client is a major firm who are currently looking to expand their team. The team are looking to acquire a ‘Competition Lawyer’ in London to further assist in the growth and success of their team. As the 25th largest law firm in the world, over 3,000 staff and 24 international offices throughout the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East, our client has a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which their clients operate. Their global reach ensures that we are well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional matters across a full range of legal disciplines.
- The candidate will ideally have gained experience in the competition team of a City firm. We would also be interested in a candidate from the Brussels offices of City firms or in-house lawyers from industry or any of the competition regulators.
- Candidates must be technically excellent and ideally have experience in at least some of the fields of merger control, antitrust including cartels, vertical agreements, abuse of a dominant position, market studies and investigations and State aid. They should be willing to handle a mix of competition work in these areas.
- Experience of the energy, financial services, technology or pharmaceutical sectors would all be of strong interest.
- We are looking for a candidate who is confident and articulate with a passion for competition law.
- We are also looking for someone who is commercially aware and enthusiastic about internal and external business development, and with an interest in innovation.
- They will be a team player with a strong client focussed approach.
- They will also have a strong academic background, which ideally has included EU and UK competition law matters.
Our client is also offering top city pay alongside an equally high-quality working environment and an opportunity to grow your career with a top tier law firm.
Please send your application to Paul Atherton on email@example.com or call on ‘01618800118’.