Corporate Governance Lawyer (NQ – 3 PQE) – Leeds/Manchester
About the job:
Our client is a premium international law firm that boasts a Tier 1 ranked Governance & Compliance team, and due to sustained growth and success the firm is looking to recruit an Associate (NQ – 3 PQE) to join them at their offices in either Leeds or Manchester. This is an opportunity to be part of a small, collegiate team which strives for excellence and innovation in all that it does.
The role will see the successful candidate become an integral part of the firms Governance & Compliance team, a team that operates as part of their Corporate and Commercial Division. The team itself focuses on addressing the governance needs of directors, general counsel and company secretariats, and boasts an unparalleled client base including FTSE 100, FTSE 250, AIM-quoted and some of the largest private companies in the UK. The work is of the highest standard and matters you will be working on will include but not be limited to:
- Providing general advice on directors’ duties and conflicts of interest;
- Giving update training and inductions of directors, general counsel and company secretaries;
- Drafting and reviewing the documentation underpinning shareholder meetings;
- Drafting and reviewing Annual Reports;
- Drafting and updating company constitutions, board terms of reference and associated policy documentation; and
- Enhancing existing and developing new content for our Governance & Compliance Portal.
Please note: You do not necessarily need any previous experience of advising clients in this area but you will need to be able to demonstrate a good grounding in company law.
Furthermore the the successful candidate will need to:
- Be between NQ-3 years’ PQE;
- Completed a seat during your training contract in a general corporate;
- Evidence a stellar academic background including a minimum 2:1 degree;
- Have excellent drafting skills and be able to draft complex provisions without the comfort of direct precedents;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and legal technical skills; and
- A commitment to business development.
As a leading international practice, the firm offers an excellent salary package and access to exceptional benefits throughout your career. In addition to a fulfilling and rewarding career you’ll be working in a structured environment that offers extensive support, ongoing professional development and peer review.
To register an interest in this role, please contact one of our specialists on 0161 880 0118 or send a copy of your updated CV to Josh Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org