Senior Transactional Risks Broker – Corporate/M&A – 8+ Years’ PQE, Manchester
£100,000 plus exceptional Benefits & Bonus
QC Legal is delighted to present a unique opportunity for an experienced M&A/Corporate lawyer to join the leading International Insurance specialist firm and reposition your career. This role will encourage a senior corporate lawyer to step out of a typical M&A role (burning the candle at all ends without any meaningful prospects) and take on a key leadership role with massive prospects!
Role and Responsibilities:
- This is a senior appointment which includes team management, business development and leading transactions. The role is varied in its work and will allow you to truly develop your leadership, influence and management skills.
- More specifically, you will be acting as lead deal team member, covering:
- Leading initial conversations with clients and/or their advisors to scope the role.
- Providing advice on the scope of coverage and insurance structures to meet the clients’ coverage needs and to facilitate the transactions.
- Analysing transactional documents to provide advice to clients and advisors on the likely insurable position.
- Reviewing DD reports in order to understand key deal issues relevant to successful risk placement.
- Leading negotiations with markets.
- Managing processes through to successful close.
- Assisting the team in developing consistent, market leading wordings and assisting junior team members in understanding complex policy matters.
- You will be expected to assist in business development and where appropriate individually initiate and close new business opportunities from potential clients and the internal network.
- Business development also includes feeding into promotional materials, attending presentations, conferences, marketing, and PR campaigns; researching and writing content for articles and publications as required.
What you will bring to the table:
- Excellent academics, including a minimum 2:1 at Undergraduate level.
- Strong technical and M&A execution skills demonstrated through at least 8 years’ of qualified experience.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills, which will allow you to manage and interact with junior team members effectively.
- The ability to demonstrate strong business acumen.
- Experience of working in a client facing environment within Corporate/M&A law.
- Our client has expressed that some experience of transaction liability products is desirable but not essential.
What’s on the table for you:
- The opportunity to expand your practice into insurance/risks within an internationally renowned firm.
- A competitive salary of up to £100,000.
- Flexible working which makes for a great work life balance.
- A car allowance.
- An annual team performance based bonus.
- Private medical insurance.
- Income protection.
- Interest free season ticket loan.
- Free medical screenings and flu jabs.
- Retail discounts.
How to Apply
- Send your CV in using the form below.
QC Legal is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, very much setting the industry benchmark, leading from the front and by example.