Pensions Solicitor – 2 PQE to Legal Director – Leeds
About the job:
Our client is a top tier international law firm that has cemented its place as one of, if not the leading international practice in London. They are highly ranked in pensions and employment in all the directories. Following a continuous phase of sustained growth in the office as a whole, the firm is now seeking both an associate pensions lawyer to join them on a permanent, full time basis, to expand the junior end of the team, as well as bring in someone at managing associate/legal director level top aid the three partner team, spearheaded by Rachel Rawnsley. You will sit in the pensions team team but you will also work closely with colleagues in corporate, real estate, banking, employment, private client, commercial and litigation. Given that this firm works on “top of the market” pensions, disputes and advisory work, the work which flows out of the pensions team is absolutely top notch.
The role will see the successful candidate become an integral part of the firm’s remarkable pensions team. You will act on the full gamut of pensions work that include a mix of contentious and advisory work including, but not limited to:
- Advising trustees and large corporate organisations
- Advising on trust law, commercial terms, contract law, trustee governance, investments, corporate law and corporate support work
- Scheme mergers / demergers
- Setting up new SIPPs, SSASs & QROPSs
- Going digital with pensions
The work will be varied and complex and while it will be predominantly advisory, it will also be contentious.
Candidates applying for this position should be able to display:
- 2 years minimum PQE
- Experience gained within a well-regarded pensions department of a recognised firm at a comparable level;
- Strong academic background (2:1 degree minimum);
- The ability to provide clear and practical advice;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and legal technical skills; and
- Demonstrates the ability to continuously improve and develop
- Excellent knowledge of pensions and related law (senior)
The firm offers an excellent salary package starting and access to exceptional benefits throughout your career. Top of market rates, not to mention a fulfilling and rewarding workload. You’ll be working in a structured environment that offers extensive support, ongoing professional development and peer review. Promotion prospects are excellent.
To register an interest in this role, please contact Hartis Tariq on 07506 544568 or send a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com