We are working with a global 100 firm with a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors in which they operate. The firm regularly appears in Tier 1 of the Legal 500 for its work in a multitude of sectors.
The firm is looking to grow its Competition, EU and Trade team which is made up of specialists with strength in depth across all the key areas of competition law, merger control, competition litigation, consumer law, procurement, subsidies, and international trade law.
The firm is offering a competitive salary and remuneration package of up to £75,000 plus the benefits listed below.
- You will be working in the procurement, subsidies, and trade team but you will also be expected to support the Partners and Associates nationally in a range of sectors for a variety of clients (including central government, local authority, utilities, private sector, and funders).
- You will be expected to advise on a range of issues including transactional procurement procedure support, input to procurement ‘structuring’ within the applicable regulatory framework, procurement challenge work and provision of training to clients.
- The role will also involve support in relation to advising clients on subsidy control in the UK and EU State aid rules in Northern Ireland and the EU.
- You will not be expected to work on competition law matters but you will have an opportunity to work on international trade law (new UK trade remedies regime, WTO regime) which is a new area of growth for the team post-Brexit.
- Have excellent academics, achieving a minimum 2:1 at Undergraduate level at either a Redbrick or Oxbridge University.
- You will have acquired strong experience (qualified or training) at a reputable regional, national or City firm and be able to demonstrate a strong track record.
- Have completed a seat in a procurement, subsidy control or competition team (newly qualified lawyers)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of and genuine interest in procurement and subsidies law.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, drafting, interpersonal and commercial skills which will allow you to build strong relationships with clients and undertake business development activities.
- Be ready to hit the ground running and become a crucial part of a busy, high-performing team.
- A competitive salary up to £75,000.
- Early responsibility and a first-class career development programme.
- Medical Insurance.
How to Apply
- We’d welcome speaking with you directly and confidentially.
- Please call Amelia Rose on 07791 345 944 or email@example.com.
- Send your CV in using the form below.
Find out more about our current job opportunities here: https://qclegal.com
QC Legal is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, very much setting the industry benchmark, leading from the front and by example.