QC Legal is pleased to present another opportunity with a top global 100 law firm. The firm prides itself on its long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors in which they operate. The firm regularly appears in Tier 1 of the Legal 500 for its work in a multitude of sectors.
The firm is looking to expand its Central Procurement and Contracts team in both the Birmingham and Edinburgh offices. You will be joining a team comprised of a Legal Director, Senior Contracts Lawyers, a Senior Training and Contract Lawyer and a Paralegal.
The firm is offering a competitive salary and remuneration package of up to £80,000 plus benefits.
- You will be expected to review, draft, amend and negotiate contracts from low to high value for all the business operations that CPC supports (as indicated above) handling the legal aspects in an autonomous fashion and seeking input from the senior lawyers in the team where required.
- Apply a pragmatic, commercial and, in some cases, risk management approach to all contract work, often against tight deadlines.
- Work as a member of project teams established for larger sourcing projects to provide contract support (as above) and advice.
- Provide contract advice and guidance to assist with resolution of supplier issues.
- Work with other members of CPC and the buying community to ensure that the supplier contract database is kept up to date, and all new contracts are recorded in the database.
- Working with CPC team on CPC annual and quarterly objectives aligned with firmwide strategy.
- Have excellent academics, achieving a minimum 2:1 at Undergraduate level.
- Have at least 2 years’ previous qualified experience at a reputable law firm and be able to demonstrate a strong track record.
- Demonstrate experience in dealing with all legal aspects of commercial agreements. In particular, experience of IT, IP and data protection related aspects.
- Demonstrate the ability to formulate and draft service requirements and service level agreements based on input and level of acceptable risk.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with those in your team.
- Have solid presentation and client handling skills and be commercially astute (take an active part in business development for the firm).
- Demonstrate astute commerciality and a can-do attitude throughout your work and the firm’s business development.
- A competitive salary of up to £80,000.
- Early responsibility and an exceptional training and development programme.
- Medical insurance.
- Plus, other flexible benefits.
How to Apply
- We’d welcome speaking with you directly and confidentially.
- Please call Amelia Rose on 07791 345 944 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your CV in using the form below.
Find out more about our current job opportunities here: https://qclegal.com
QC Legal is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, very much setting the industry benchmark, leading from the front and by example.