A top INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL law firm is looking to expand their Corporate Team in Liverpool. As a Corporate Lawyer in the firm you will be regularly working against and alongside firms in London and the regions (Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Birmingham). This role is mainly a mergers and acquisitions (M&A) role. The role also includes private equity (PE) and venture capital (VC) work.
The firm is offering a competitive salary and remuneration package of up to £85 000 plus benefits.
- As a Corporate Lawyer you will be supporting on mergers or acquisitions or disposal transactions for corporate clients.
- Supporting/leading acquisition and disposal of business and assets and/or shares, supporting/leading due diligence exercises, data room reviews or management and disclosure processes (be it in relation to buy side legal due diligence work or sell side legal disclosure work).
- Preparation and finalisation of disclosure letters and supporting bundles, supporting on and reviewing investment documents either acting for investing institutions or management teams on PE backed transactions.
- Drafting and negotiating the terms of transaction ancillary documents (such as completion board minutes, deeds of waivers, resignation letters, Companies House forms etc.)
- General corporate work including corporate restructurings, shareholders agreements, joint ventures and limited liability partnership agreements, specifically drafting the principal documents.
- Assisting with business development and tenders including (where appropriate) research about clients and targets.
What you will bring to the table:
- Experience working within a Corporate team and be able to demonstrate a strong track record.
- Demonstrable exposure to capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and alternative investment market (desirable not essential).
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, a keenness to develop legal client relationships and excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise.
- The ability to demonstrate adaptability and flexibility as from time to time it may be necessary to assist teams in other offices, which may be by remote working or working from another office.
What’s on the table for you:
- A competitive salary of up to £85,000.
- 25 days’ annual leave.
- Flexible, agile and home working.
- Permanent health insurance.
- Dress for your day policy.
- Training and development opportunities
- Financial contribution towards home working equipment
- Plus, many more flexible benefits.
How to Apply
- Send your CV in using the form below for a discussion about the role with the team or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
QC Legal is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, very much setting the industry benchmark, leading from the front and by example.