We are working with a global 100 firm with a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors in which they operate. The firm regularly appears in Tier 1 of the Legal 500 for its work in a multitude of sectors.
The firms’ Technology Media & Telecommunications (TMT) practice works with clients on cutting edge developments in technology and communications, undertaking Award-Winning work.
The firm is offering a competitive salary and remuneration package of up to £80,000 plus benefits.
- You will be advising on a full range of data privacy matters, including regulatory compliance, privacy impact assessments, data subject requests, contract negotiation, GDPR compliance programs and international data flows.
- You will be assisting with data protection in a contractual/transactional context IT contracts, services agreements, complex international transfers of data both intra-group and between third parties, data licensing and data sharing agreements, online terms.
- You will be spending a proportion of time will be spent on reviewing, drafting and negotiation; this may include an element of IT/commercial drafting more generally, but with the focus being primarily on data protection and privacy work.
- You will be expected to supervise junior fee earners and leading on matters with clients, helping to build relationships with clients and wider teams within the firm.
- You will be expected to assist with business development activities in order to win new clients and to win data work from existing clients – this will involve attending and speaking at conferences and writing articles as well as cementing existing relationships.
- Have excellent academics, achieving a minimum 2:1 at Undergraduate level.
- Have acquired at least 4 years’ qualified experience at a reputable regional, national or City firm and be able to demonstrate a strong track record.
- Demonstrate a strong client orientated approach, exceptional team skills and a can-do attitude.
- Have previous hands-on experience of advising on data protection projects, including experience of advising on GDPR/ UK GDPR on international data transfers, drafting privacy notices, negotiating, and drafting data processor agreements and advising on marketing and e-Privacy issues.
- Demonstrate exceptional technical knowledge and the ability to work collaboratively with those in your team.
- Have solid presentation and client handling skills and be commercially astute (take an active part in business development for the firm).
- Be ready to hit the ground running as part of a busy team and create results from day one.
- Up to £80,000.
- Medical Insurance and other benefits.
How to Apply
- Send your CV in using the form below.
QC Legal is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, very much setting the industry benchmark, leading from the front and by example.